3 junior legal experts
The overall objective of our project is to support the modernisation and development of a sustainable public health system in Ukraine, able to ensure disease prevention and control standards in line with EU legislation, requirements and practices, with a view to the existing emergency and health security situation in the health sector in Ukraine.
The specific purpose of this assignment is to support the Ministry of Health and other relevant stakeholders in strengthening the public health system and its capacity in Ukraine, in particular through the adaptation of Ukrainian legislation to the EU acquis and support the Ministry of Health in its approximation to EU healthcare legislation.
The 3 junior Legal Experts will support the Ministry of Health on approximation
with the EU in the Public Health Area.
Under the leadership and supervision of the Team Leader, and with the guidance of international non-key experts, the legal junior non-key expert will support the following main issues:
1) EU legislation analysis and support the elaboration of a prioritised list (with deadlines) of legal provisions to be developed or amended to ensure full alignment with the EU requirements;
2) Support development of legal provisions required for the full alignment with the EU requirements following the priority list (analysing draft regulations for compliance with EU law, studies, information gathering, M&E, reporting, preparing tables of compliance, etc.);
3) Supporting the negotiation process with the European Union on Ukraine's accession to the European Union (organising meetings and dialogue with representatives of the European Commission's Directorates-General and agencies, exchanging letters, preparing reports and questionnaires);
4) Support coordination with international partners as Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, (PACE), WHO and others.
The assignment is expected to start in February 2024 until 12 May 2025 up to a maximum of 330 working days per legal expert. The experts will be contracted as Private Entrepreneurs by the EU –funded Project “Support to Ukraine for Developing a Modern Public Health System".
Qualifications and skills
- Higher legal education;
- not less than 3 (three) years of professional experience in the legal field;
- experience in the development, support and participation in the process of approval of draft regulatory legal acts - not less than 1 (one) year (required).
- Knowledge of the European integration procedures, especially in the healthcare sector;
- Experience in drafting regulations on the approximation of Ukrainian legislation to EU healthcare legislation will be an advantage;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, strict adherence to completing assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Quality-oriented professional, constructive approach to obstacles and delays in planned performance;
- Excellent research and paper writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
- Team player.
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian (written and spoken) required.
- Candidate interviews will be held in English.
- This job posting will remain active as long as we are still looking for qualified candidates
- Contact me (Ms Alvean Fentener) with your ENGLISH CV for more details.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Alvean Fentener firstname.lastname@example.org