Supporting Banco de Desenvolvimento de Minas Gerais (BDMG) in financing the sustainable recovery of the Minas economy
GFA supports the Development Bank of Minas Gerais state, (BDMG), to strengthen its financial and operational capabilities in order to develop a robust methodology for financing SDG-related projects and to identify further potential investments in line with the Agenda 2030 for sustainable development. The project envisages the financing of both a green as well as a social component through focusing on the following six main components:
- Supporting the development of the portfolio aligned with BDMG’s SDGs.
- Continuously improving the Bank’s environmental and social management, including the revision of the socio-environmental risk methodology.
- Develop a BDMG climate strategy.
- Support for the development of the BDMG gender strategy.
- Support for the assembly of the municipal infrastructure.
- Conduct audits in order to justify the use of funds from the AFD credit line.