Climate Strategy and Action Plan
The purpose of the project was the preparation of a comprehensive cross-sectoral climate change strategy and action plan with respective targets that will serve as a basis for setting a robust climate policy, which ensures that Serbia takes advantage of opportunities that will arise when pursuing the EU strategy for sustainable growth.
- Assessment of current Serbian policy framework. This includes the identification of the measures to strengthen the institutional framework for CC mitigation and establish the necessary technical and administrative capacity.
- Definition of national greenhouse gas baseline scenarios (2020, 2030 and 2050)
- Definition of national GHG mitigation scenarios (2020, 2030 and 2050). The scenario analysis will provide information on cost-effective and feasible path ways towards a low carbon economy in 2050 and information on possible mitigation potential in 2030 in line with the EU climate policy.
- Assessment of economic, environmental and social impacts of mitigation options.
- Definition and assessment of climate change adaptation options.
- Final Draft Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan., the Climate Change Strategy will set the targets for emission reduction, provide a policy framework for climate action sector strategies, also taking into account adaptation.