The Services for the Implementation of External Aid (SIEA) is a game changer in EU-funded technical assistance. While in the past, EU framework contracts (FWCs) were limited to assignments up to 300,000 Euros, the maximum amount for a specific contract under SIEA was increased to 999,999 Euros. A wide range of services are provided under this contract, including analytical studies, elaboration of TOR and Action Documents, mid-term and final evaluations as well as technical assistance. The contract covers a period of two years with an extension option of another two years. The beneficiary of a contract can be the European Commission Headquarters, one or more EU Delegations and/or legal entities such as ministries in partner countries.
GFA is involved in four lots:
- Lot 2: Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs with an indicative budget of 155 million Euros, where GFA is a consortium partner.
- Lot 3: Human rights, democracy and peace with an indicative budget of 154 million Euros, GFA is the consortium lead.
- Lot 4: Human development and safety net with an indicative budget of 73 million Euros, GFA is the consortium lead.
- Lot 5: Budget support with an indicative budget of 63 million Euros, where GFA is a consortium partner.
More information for interested experts including a description of the technical expertise required, the EU expert categories and the list of themes and sub-themes covered under the various lots, plus a link to the GFA FWC CV templates in three languages can be retrieved on www.gfa-group.de/jobs
DFID International Multi-Disciplinary Program (IMDP) Framework Agreement
DFID established this Framework Agreement with a range of suppliers to access advice and expertise in a cost efficient and effective manner across eleven thematic areas. The suppliers provide multi-disciplinary teams of quality professionals to design manage and deliver international development programme services with agility and innovation whilst maintaining fair competition, in response to the dynamic and challenging needs of working in complex and fragile contexts. The Framework Agreement commenced in July 2019 for a period of two years with a possible extension of another year. Individual requirements will be called-off via the methods of direct award or further mini-competition.
GFA is a sub-contractor for one of the 15 British suppliers. Contract values range between 3-12 mio GBP.
- Lot 12: Conflict & Governance
- Lot 13: Education
- Lot 14: Human Development & Health
- Lot 17: Livelihoods