Water Sector Reform Program, phase II
Based on the experiences of Reform of the Water Sector I (RWS I) and other predecessor modules and the challenges identified in the new field of skills development and vocational training, RWS II focuses on improving the conditions for transparent planning and implementation processes for ensuring water and sanitation services (WSS), with a thematic focus on the rural settlement areas and growth centers of the Luapula Province in Northern Zambia.
Overall, project activities are clustered in five output areas as follows:
1. Core processes of the Ministry in charge of water and sanitation (MWDSEP)
2. Water supply and sanitation in selected rural areas of Luapula Province
3. Improvement of the quality of formal vocational training for future water sector professionals
4. Skills improvement/ continuous training of water professionals
5. Setting up institutional structures (steering group and secretariat) to coordinate the qualification requirements of water professionals with the qualification offers of vocational schools
GFA has overall responsibility for the implementation of the output areas 2, 3 and 4, while output areas 1 and 5 will be implemented by the GIZ RWS II team with the limited GFA’s support.