ENERGY EFFICIENCY (EE) plays a major role in decreasing non-productive energy consumption. Particularly in developing and transition countries with obsolete industrial technologies and buildings not adapted to regional climate, technological and processual upgrading, refurbishment, and the introduction of EE standards are big challenges.
© Ingo Bartussek | Fotolia The demand for consultancies is growing due to EE benefits such as reduced energy costs, resource conservation for coal, oil, and gas, increased competitiveness, the positive impact on the environment, and energy security. In addition, improving EE decreases countries’ reliance on imported energy resources and enhancing energy security.
GFA offers its partners complete project management solutions ranging from the identification and implementation of EE measures to policy advice and capacity development. Over time, GFA experts gained solid experiences in accompanying clients in their development process. The GFA approach ensures long-lasting impacts on clients’ and local partners’ capacities to develop appropriate solutions to EE-related challenges.
Concepts and Services
Building on longstanding expertise and experience in implementing EE measures in the building, industry and transport sectors, GFA consultant teams are well-positioned to advise on the best strategies to improve energy performance.
GFA consults clients on improving energy conservation, and provides the following services:
- Development of building codes and EE building regulations, including the development of building typologies.
- Implementation of EE measures in building and industry sectors, including but not limited to improving the energy performance of existing building stock and energy-efficient retrofitting of buildings using rooftop photovoltaic installations.
- Improving the energy performance of district heating/cooling and decarburized heating systems.
- Execution of energy audits and management in industry and public infrastructure.
- Development and implementation of municipal energy management systems, including street lighting, district heating, and buildings.
- Development of funding models and innovative financing options for investments in EE.
- Support to the reform and restructuring of EE funds.
- Consultation on Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), Super-ESCOs, and energy performance contracting.
- Development and scaling-up of business models for the deployment of more extensive EE measures.
- Capacity development and training measures on EE for suppliers/enablers.
Download our ENERGY CAPABILITY STATEMENT