Implementation of the 4E project in Viet Nam
The projects objective is to improve the conditions for the use of renewable energy and increased energy efficiency among key actors in government and industry. Governance in the energy sector will be improved, and the regulatory framework and legal basis will be in place to support the large-scale expansion of renewable energy, the implementation of energy efficiency measures, and the achievement of Vietnams climate change commitments. The expertise of decision-makers for the successful formulation and implementation of policy guidelines in the sector has been deepened.
Examples of activities include:
- Review and analysis of energy legislation and related regulations, including preparation of a roadmap for the enactment of a renewable energy law
- Review of MOITs upcoming bidding/auction mechanism for wind power, particularly for offshore wind, including issues related to connection agreement and PPA
- Assessment of GH2 export potential for Vietnam, including geospatial analysis of solar and wind resources using GIS tool, recommendation of potential sites for RE power generation, calculation of levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) for solar PV, wind and hybrid systems, calculation of levelized cost of GH2 (LCOH) and green ammonia (LCOA), calculation of GH2 shipping costs from Vietnam to potential importing countries (i.e, Europe, Japan, and South Korea), analyze the advantages and disadvantages of Vietnams GH2 export, and formulate recommendations to enhance the advantages and overcome the disadvantages.
- Contribute to a net-zero roadmap for Vietnam and support the energy transition process
- Conduct studies on internationally applied energy efficiency technologies and strengthen cooperation between EE technology providers and end-users in Vietnam.