Study on PtX regulations and standards in selected MENA countries
The Jordanian-German Energy Partnership supported the Jordanian Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR) in increasing awareness about opportunities for hydrogen. GFA supported the Jordanian administration in preparing a possible hydrogen roadmap by providing relevant data, assessments, and suggestions. Our services included:
- Stakeholder engagement and coordination, set-up of an outreach mechanism to engage with relevant actors.
- Policy and strategic framework in Jordan: interviews and desk research on the technical, industrial, regulatory, economic and infrastructure levers likely to foster the deployment of hydrogen in Jordan, as well as possible related industrial, economic, environ-mental, and social impacts.
- Assessment of the preliminary study of possible pathways for green hydrogen in Jordan.
- Gap analysis for further research on the institutional and regulatory framework, R&D, training, and capacity building levers.
- Compilation of a roadmap that formulates policy recommendations to address these needs and which is aimed at the Jordanian Government and the donor community active in Jordan.
- Identification of key players and suggest their potential role, including national and international industrial players likely to support the sector.