Sustainable energy and climate policy
The Turning Subsidies into Investments - Ukraine (S2I) initiative focuses on developing the Ukrainian governments capacity in the energy efficiency sector. The main pillar of S2I is the establishment of an automatically revolving financing mechanism (Energy Efficiency Fund) that will provide financing for investments to reduce energy consumption in residential buildings and reduce the need for energy-related social subsidies.
In this context, GFA
- Supported the development of the Energy Efficiency Fund Law
- Conducted a strengths and weaknesses analysis of the proposed architecture and corporate governance of the Energy Efficiency Fund (EEF) and developed a refined implementation concept, including the evaluation of an initial funding program and distribution channels
- Analyzed and developed cash flow designs/scenarios for the EEF and developed an operational concept for the EEF, including an application mechanism, organizational chart, job descriptions and functions for various management positions
- Created a staffing implementation plan
- Developed three scalable residential energy efficiency packages.
Developed a communication and marketing strategy for S2I, targeting the future beneficiaries of the S2I Fund, including an action plan to implement the strategy.