Sustainable energy and climate policy
The initiative “Turning Subsidies into Investments – Ukraine (S2I)” focuses on developing the capacities of the Ukrainian government in the energy efficiency sector. The main pillar of S2I is the establishment of an automatically revolving financial mechanism (Energy Efficiency Fund) that is supposed to provide funding for investments in order to reduce energy consumption in residential buildings and to reduce the need for energy-related social subsidies.
Against this background, GFA
- Supported the development of the Law on the Energy Efficiency Fund;
- carried out an analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the proposed architecture and of corporate governance of the Energy Efficiency Fund (EEF) and developed a refined concept for implementation, including the assessment of an initial financing program as well as distribution channels;
- analysed and developed cash-flow designs/scenarios of the EEF and elaborated an operations concept of the EEF, including an application mechanism, organizational chart, job descriptions and functions for various management positions;
- created a staffing implementation plan;
- developed three scalable energy efficiency packages for residential buildings.
Developed a communication and marketing strategy on S2I targeting the future beneficiaries of the S2I fund, including an action plan on the implementation of the strategy.